For some men entering recovery, a focused, multi-day intensive will be the best option for creating long-term sobriety. Each intensive is limited to eight people and will look in-depth at the roots and manifestations of the addiction. Significant cohesion, trust and support will be built in the group as members journey through the process together.
Clients will learn about (among other things):
- The neuroscience behind addiction
- The addictive cycle, including obsessions and rituals
- Sobriety and which behaviors trigger relapse
- Addiction interactions
- Building a community of support
- Preventing relapse
- Family-of-origin work
- Sex addiction as an intimacy disorder
- The 12 steps and why they are necessary
- How denial manifests to support the addictive behavior
Clients consistently report their men’s intensive was one of the best investments they have made in therapy. It is a way of combining six months of work into one concentrated experience.
If you are in crisis and seeking answers or support, don’t hesitate to contact CCSW to schedule an intake appointment.